RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HDCS SHOW
* The Chrysanthemum classes will be judged according to N.C.S. British rules.
* All entries must be made in accordance with the current official A Classification of Dahlias handbook sponsored by the American Dahlia Society and judged accordingly.
* Dahlias not listed by the A.D.S. must be classified before being entered in the show.
* All blooms entered in competition must be grown by the exhibitor. Family and growing partners may not compete against each other, except teenagers who grow in separate plots.
* Multiple entries allowed in Chrysanthemum and Dahlia sections.
* No more than one entry in each decorative class.
* Decorative classes must use Chrysanthemum and Dahlia bloom(s). Materials in the decorative section may be purchased and accessories used where stated. Some Chrysanthemum and Dahlia blooms will be available.
* All multiple bloom entries must be staged in a single container. Containers and vases will be supplied except in the decorative section where the exhibitor will be responsible for their containers and accessories.
* All cultivars must be correctly and clearly named on the entry card.
* All blooms must have sufficient foliage attached to the stem above the top of the container to permit their proper evaluation. Two sets of leaves are about right for most sizes, however one set will be acceptable.
* Each bloom must be disbudded and disbranched.
* Judges may not participate in judging of their entries or those in which they have an interest.
* One first (red) and one second (blue) will be awarded in each class where exhibits are worthy. No first need be given for the judges to award second. Tri-colour winners in the Dahlia classes will be selected from the first (red) winners.
* Exhibitors must show in their respective class only. (Example: Novice can not show a few blooms in Intermediate nor can an Intermediate grower show a few blooms in the Open class)
* No entry will be eligible for an award if in violation of either rules or class specification.
* The utilization of any material to support the stems above the container is strictly prohibited and will disqualify any entry.
* All blooms will become the property of the Show Committee and will be disposed of on Sunday, September 30th, 2018 at the closing of the show.
* The show committee reserves the right to remove from the show table, after judging, any bloom or exhibit which becomes unattractive.
* Neither the Hamilton and District Chrysanthemum and Dahlia Society, its representatives nor the place where the show is held and its management shall be responsible for loss or damage to exhibits, personal property nor for injury sustained by exhibitors or visitors.
* The Show Committee reserves the right to interpret these rules and to make additional rules for the proper conduct of the show.